The Legend of Coffee
It was said that the stimulating effect of coffee was first discovered by Kaldi, a sheep herder from Kefa (Kaffa), Ethiopia, while he was tending sheep. He noticed that the sheep became hyperactive after eating the red berries from a certain plant. Later, he tried some himself, and was soon as overactive as his herd. A passing-by monk scolded him for "partaking of the devil's fruit." Yet, the other monks soon discovered that the fruit from the shiny green plant could help them stay awake. From then on, coffee became known among the monks and then spread around the world.
A concentrated shot of dark-roasted coffee served in a demitasse (small, 2-3 ounce cup). Brew individually by water pressure process with a portion of finely ground coffee weighing around 6 grams. This is a must for coffee lovers.
1. The coffee must be ground very finely, as steam is forced through the ground coffee and if it is not fine enough, the steam will not get into the coffee and bring out its unique flavour.
2. It should take between 16 to 22 seconds to extract a good shot. Always extract the coffee directly into a pre-warmed demitasse, because the shot will become cool extremely fast.
Do You Know...
The name espresso comes from the Italian/Latin word "expresere", which means "to press out".
A shot of espresso with steamed milk poured in without holding back the foam, the velvety wet foam floating on top of the espresso. A properly prepared cappuccino should contain one part espresso, one part steamed milk and one part frothed milk on top.
Do You Know...
Cappuccino gets its name from the Capuchin monks, whose hooded robes resemble the drink's cap of foam in shape and colour. In fact, the word for hood, "cappuccino" is also often used. In Italy, people find it odd to order a cappuccino after a meal -- for if you want something with milk in it, you must have not eaten enough!
A shot or two of espresso that has been poured into a cup filled with steamed milk and topped off with a dollop of foam. Also known as "milky espresso".
If you want to add your latte with flavoured syrup, you should mix the syrup with the espresso first, as adding syrup directly to steamed milk could curdle the milk.
Café Mocha or Vanilla
Basically a variation of café latte but added with chocolate or French vanilla before adding the steamed milk. These specialty drinks are finished with whipped cream on top.
Coffee and More
Savouring a nice cup of coffee in the afternoon is an integral part of the Parisian culture. Our full-bodied blend is freshly brewed throughout the day, a variety of coffee is available for your enjoyment, including:
- Fresh Brewed Coffee / Iced Coffee
- Cappuccino / Iced Cappuccino
- Café Latte / Iced Café Latte
- Café Mocha / Ice Café Mocha
- Café Vanilla/ Iced Café Vanilla
- Mocha Frappe
- Mocha Crunch Frappe / Vanilla Crunch
If you are not much of a coffee drinker,
there are other delicious beverages you
- Blended Tea
- Lemon Tea / Iced Lemon Tea
- Apple Green Tea / Iced Apple Green Tea
- Chocolate / Chocolate Frappe
- Vanilla / Iced Vanilla
- Vanilla Frappe